Tuesday, January 2, 2018

You are my favorite! (Week 1, Day 4)



My children frequently ask me, "Mommy, who is your favorite?" Often I cup my hands over my child's ear and whisper, "You are my favorite, but don't tell the others." "Oh, Mommy!” each one replies knowingly, "You say that to each one of us!" But they still like to hear it and refer to themselves as "Mommy's favorite." Jesus is God's favorite. The Father loved the Son before the foundation of the world (John 17:24).

· According to John 17:23, how much does the Father love you?

_____________________________________________________________
· Put your name in the blank:

God the Father loves ___________________________as much as He loves Jesus.
Of all the disciples, John grasped this truth the best.

· How did John, the disciple of Jesus, refer to himself when writing his gospel (John 13:23, 19:26, 20:2, 21:7)?

____________________________________________________________

John identified himself as such, not because he was loved more than the others, but because he was secure in Jesus' love. Jesus came to show us what the Father is like. Knowing Jesus' love means knowing the Father's love. Therefore let this be your new identity: 
“I am ‘the one whom Jesus loved’. (John 20:2) I am His favorite!”

No comments:

Post a Comment