Thursday, January 18, 2018

Good job, well done! (Week 3, Day 4)


In today's society, it is often believed that we need to redeem our vices by our virtues – if we just do enough good, it will cancel out the bad. But if our virtuous acts are seen as a means for nullifying sin and securing a place in heaven they are no longer virtues but acts of selfishness. Even if it is just praise we long for, the best of our deeds are no longer pure. If I am completely honest with myself, I know I am a glory hog.  And I don't think I am alone in this. What I mean is, I enjoy words of praise when others see my kind deeds. It feels good to receive recognition from people for an accomplishment.

·       What does Isaiah 64:6 tell us about the things we are proud of and would expect to be commended for?

                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                

We have learned that our vices can only be redeemed by our Lord Jesus Christ. The same holds true for our virtues. By imputing Christ's righteousness on us, God the Father looks at our good deeds as if they were done in complete selflessness, with no ulterior motives and not coupled with pride.

·       How did the Master perceive the servants' efforts in Matthew 25:21?

                                                                                                                 

                                                                                                                 


Hear you heavenly Father speak these words over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment