Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I care for you completely (Week 5, Day 2)


After graduating from high school, I felt called to spend a year in Uzbekistan. All summer long I worked as a nanny in order to purchase my plane ticket. The next hurdle was coming up with the funds I needed for living expenses. I had never heard of the concept of support-raising. The day before my departure, I was still penniless. This was a Sunday. On my way to church, I poured my heart out to the Lord: "Father, you know that I am supposed to have $75 for each month in Uzbekistan. You have brought me this far; please show me where to get $900." After the service I positioned myself at the exit in order to say goodbye to my beloved church family. As they filed past to give me hugs, many also unexpectedly pressed money into my hands. This body of believers truly sought to support me in any way they could. Not until I was back in my apartment did I count all that I had received. It was exactly $900! God came through in the last minute. I understood that God had made me wait in order to teach me to trust Him. From this, I jumped to the conclusion that God always waits until the last moment to answer prayers.

Fast forward six years. By then I was living in Aberdeen, Scotland, and was preparing to fly home to Germany. This time I didn’t lack money, but my passport, which was held up by the British Immigration Center in London. I was so sure of my "Last-Minute-God" that it came as a complete shock when my passport did not arrive until four weeks after the scheduled departure date. "What is up with that?" I questioned God in confusion, while having to buy a whole new ticket. "Why did You not come through this time?"

A month late, according to my schedule, I finally arrived in Berlin on the exact day that my grandmother passed away. God had planned this all along so I could be there for my mother when she really needed me. I learned that God is not a "Last-Minute-God," but He has his own time schedule and He does things at just the right time.

·       What did God do at just the right time according to Galatians 4:4?

____________________________________________________

·       Our Father God goes way beyond meeting our needs. He is so generous! What does He want to give us according to Romans 8:32?

                                                                                                         

As I am writing these lines, my oldest kids are at camp. I had so much fun putting together little care packages for them. Not because they needed anything, but just because...   If we who are sinful are like this, how much more does God want to show his generosity towards us?

·       Read Matthew 7:9-11. Look for specific ways in which God shows His kindness towards you. List them below and thank Him for them.

                                                                                                           

                                                                                                            

                                                                                                            

                                                                                                            

______________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment