Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Unlikely Prospects


Failure is real!

My failure to love God and the people around me gets me so down sometimes. That is when I wonder: Does God still want to use someone like me -- a people pleaser, a glory hog?

Aaron, Moses' brother, must have felt the same way:
What use could God have for a man who, in his eagerness to please people, turned all of Israel away from God by fashioning an idol for them to worship?

What use could God have for a man whose own appearances were so important to him that he covered up his guilt with a blatant lie?

What use could God have for a man who sought his own glory, striving for a leadership position not meant for him?

To me, Aaron would be the most unlikely candidate to be chosen by God as high priest.
Why would God want him?
Why would God want me?

God's eyes of grace see differently. Aaron' life teaches me about a God who does not let go and who does not see any sin as unredeemable. God chooses us in spite of our failure.

What a gracious and compassionate God we have, who calls unlikely prospects into his service!

No comments:

Post a Comment